Premier League News & Scores

Premier League News & Scores

15 Aug 2011

"The Challenge Of My Life." Fábregas Lands in Barcelona



Cesc Fábregas was unveiled today at Barcelona's Camp Nou in front of fans and journalists alike.

After posing for the cameras dressed in his new club colours in the Catalan sunshine, the 24 year old fielded questions from both Spanish and English media.

“This is a very emotional day, a special day,” said a beaming Fábregas.

“I'm returning home”

A return to Barcelona, the club who trained him up until his move to the Gunners at the age of 16, has always been on the cards in Fábregas' mind and Barcelona will be very happy to see the return of their prodigal son.

“I knew one day, sooner or later, I wanted to come back here.”

But the return has been delayed over the last two years as Arsenal struggled to keep Barca at arms length from their most prized possession, however Fábregas still looks back on his time in London fondly and seems to hold no grudges with either the club or former manager Arsene Wenger

“Arsenal has been a terrific experience,

“I don't think Wenger has such a good image in Barcelona but I'm here largely because of him. I owe it to him that I am here.”

Fabregas could debut as quickly as Wednesday when Barca face rivals Real Madrid in the second leg of the Spanish Super Cup after drawing 2-2 on Sunday night.

I didn't see the first leg last night as I was flying over,” he said “But physically I'm fine and ready for everything. It's not my decision whether to play or not. I'm going to work very hard as always and enjoy it. I will give everything to make this club better.”

Throughout the weekend Fabregas has tried to keep a very low profile with the media, even staying away from his twitter account as the saga began to come to an end.

They have been three or four intense days and I've tried to keep away from it all as much as possible. Until I had permission from Arsenal to travel I was not going to do it. In the end it has all been worth it.”

The exodus from The Gunners this summer looks to continue as French midfielder Samir Nasri seeks a move to Manchester City while reports this morning suggest Emmanuel Eboue is on his way to Turkish club Galatasary 


No comments:

Post a Comment